What is ADSL line rental?
ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) is a technology that enables a normal telephone line to be used for Internet data. To help stop interference between voice and data on the same line, a POTS filter needs to be installed for each traditional device, like a phone or fax machine.
In South Africa the ADSL line infrastructure, including telephone exchanges, networking equipment and the actual copper wire, is owned by Telkom.
iSAT has been a trusted wholesale partner of SAIX, Telkom’s wholesale division, since 1998, and sells Telkom ADSL line services directly to businesses and home users.
iSAT supports those line services by having direct access into the Telkom systems. This mutually beneficial wholesale arrangement, helps reduce the load on Telkom support engineers and general staff, for whom ADSL cannot always be a priority.
In certain areas of South Africa higher speed ADSL lines are available, this is known as VDSL. VDSL is an abbreviation for Very high bit-rate Digital Subscriber Line. VDSL speeds currently available in South Africa are 20 Mbps and 40 Mbps. Our support team can quickly verify if your voice line is capable of these speeds. Telkom has an ongoing project rolling out VDSL line access.
iSAT has a variety of Internet access solutions, Per GB, hard capped and Uncapped.
Benefits of iSAT's ADSL line rental service
- Able to add ALG to your line service. ALG is highly recommended for every ADSL line. For ensuring the best quality line, the best value for money solution, and the quickest line fault repair, ADSL Line Guardian System is essential. ALG is only R20 a month, and is only available via iSAT.
- We talk to Telkom instead of you, and having access to Telkom systems, we do line speed upgrades and downgrades on your line, at your request.
- There is no contract, the service is provided on a month to month basis.
- We are cheaper than many other providers and you can save up to R648 per year when you get your ADSL line from iSAT.
- Moving a line to iSAT from Telkom or anyone else will not disrupt your service and you will not have any down time. Telkom will refund any amount that you have paid in advance, other ISP’s should follow the same practice.
- If you have an existing data contract with any other ISP, you can still move the ADSL line to iSAT. ALG is vital on your line, and you should not miss the opportunity of benefitting from this technology.
ADSL line rental pricing